Friday, January 18, 2008

After further review...

The proposed bill that was discussed early appears to be much more complicated than initially posted, imagine that. I apologize for my rush to post and support. If something important breaks on this bill or if the bill looks beneficial at all to the industry in Nebraska I will post it. As it looks now, it appears to want to allow an outside alcohol manufacturer the ability to have a holding interest in a distributor.

If you are interested in tracking bills or this bill you can go to the Bill Tracker and sign up to watch any bills progress.

2 comments:

Richard Stueven said...

Nate, you're absolutely right. I read the entire bill again - it appears that it's changed quite a bit since Tuesday - and it has nothing at all to do with self-distribution. I've revised my comments and I'll be contacting my Senator to withdraw my support for the bill. Thanks for the heads-up.

Anonymous said...

For what it is worth, my senator emailed me back and said that it was unlikely that the bill was going to make it out of committee unless someone prioritized it, and my understanding is that each senator only gets to designate one priority bill. I can't see that happening with this one.