Thursday, December 5, 2013

Modern Monks tapping party and Christmas Ornament Benefit


Modern Monks Forbidden Ales will be having a special tapping party at Misty's on Monday, December 9th, 2013 at 5:00 pm for their Bourbon Barrel Wee Heavy. The beer has been sitting in barrels from Zipline Brewing Co. for seven months. It has a 10% ABV and flavors of toffee, caramel vanilla and fruit.
All pints are $2 and part of their weekly pint night special.
While you are there you can pick up a $5 Modern Monks Christmas ornament made my TMCO in Lincoln. All proceeds are going to my brother, Shaun McCabe, who suffers from Cystic Fibrosis and who is currently awaiting a Double Lung and Liver transplant. 
If you cannot attend the event and would like to donate money, here is the link to his Children's Organ Transplant Association (COTA) donation page.
Shaun McCabe COTA Fundraising page


My family and I appreciate all the love and support that we have received thus far from the brewing community in Nebraska and all my friends in the home brewing community, and I am beholden to Nebraska Beer Blog for allowing me to contribute and allowing me to share the details of the various fundraising efforts on behalf of my brother.

Misty's Steakhouse and Lounge
200 North 11 Street
Lincoln, NE
402- 476-7766

No comments: