Wednesday, November 14, 2007

UK Beer Quest is coming...

It appears the next Beer Quest will begin taking applications at HIGH noon on the 19th of November. This year is different for this Beer Quest. This is normally the Lager Quest but they have changed it up a bit and are doing a "Beers of the UK." This is from a Jim E. email I received yesterday:

Beers of the UK means any Irish, Scottish or English ale style will be fine for this competition – we will exclude IPA since we’ll be doing an IPA competition in May – hops shortage be damned! We figured this would be a good fit as many of you excel in these styles and the winning beer will be going on tap just before our favorite drinking holiday…St. Pats!


So get your recipes ready and be sharp on your sign up time so that you can get a spot in this comp. You can get more information here.

1 comment:

Nate B. said...

I have sent in my app, I figure this would the only way I will force myself to brew. I am going to do a Scottish 60, we will see but definitely something I have wanted on tap for awhile.