Thursday, January 3, 2008

Box Awesome

I have recently been informed that there will be a special beer tasting at Box Awesome on Friday night this week. This will be the first of the First Friday series of the new year that highlights Art and music with beverages, typically wine but this week our own Brother Matt will be serving 5 beers of his choosing from 6-9pm. The cost is $5.

Maybe Matt will let us know what beers he plans to serve when that is finalized. I encourage you to check this out. This series sounds like a cool deal. When I lived in KC they used to do stuff like this in the warehouse art district but I never made it down. I heard it was a lot of fun.

He might be doing one in February as well, so watch out.

So now you have plans for Friday night, go out and get cultured!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey folks,

I believe the beers for sample will be:

Kulmbacher Pils (Germany)
Kulmbacher Eisbock (Germany)
Kapuziner Schwarz Weizen (germany)
Jenlain Blonde (France)
Ecaussinnes Ultra Blond 8% (Belgium)

Its always possible that I may bring a random bottle or two from my cellar as well...you'd have to show up to know!

This is the first time Box Awesome has done anything like this, and I'm pretty excited about it. If it starts to build, I'd be willing to do more expansive and eclectic tastings there, as Jeremiah (owner) is quite open to doing beer related things, especially featuring beers that you aren't likely to find almost anywhere else in the city (of that list above, you'll find one or two other places in Lincoln that even have 2 of the 5). We originally had a list of 10 beers, but decided we'd start with something smaller and feature the second 5 in February and then reassess how we should proceed.

After the art event, my buddies in the band Ideal Cleaners will be taking the stage. One of Nebraska's best rock bands.

The art event itself will feature works by Lincolnite Ben Swift, who some might know as the drummer in the Killigans. You can see more about Ben here: http://www.nonoart.com/

I've yet to meet him that I know of, so I'm looking forward to it.

Cheers
matt

Anonymous said...

More beery goodness at the Box...I just got off the phone with Jeremiah and he tells me that Modern Monks Brewing's Brothers' Cup is now on tap there, so I'll be working that into my tasting as well. Fun times ;)

Cheers
matt

CJ said...

Well, I guess I may have to show up for a few. Sounds like a good time. I hope the rest of the Monks will make it down as well. And I hope to see some other beer folks who frequent this board.

Brother Christopher

CJ said...

Oh, poop!! I forgot my Mother is coming into town tomorrow. Well have a few for me!!!

Peace out

Anonymous said...

Doesn't mummy like art, rock 'n' roll, or beer? ;(

Nick S. said...

Yeah, Chris...bring her along...you can both get pissed and rock the house. I would be there, but it's short notice and it's in Lincoln.