Monday, July 8, 2013

Benson Brewery is Now Open!


Benson Brewery opened their doors to the public last week just in time for the Fourth of July holiday weekend. My wife and I stopped down on Friday to check out their beer and try a little food.

At this time, they have two house made beers and quite the list of guest taps as well. Their two beers are a blonde ale and an amber ale. Both beers are quite well-made beers that were entirely drinkable and enjoyable. I was personally very pleased with the blonde ale. It's darker than a typical blonde ale (the color is more of a pale ale color) but the flavor is very much what I expect of a good blonde ale with pleasant grainy base malt flavor and just enough hop bitterness and a higher carbonation level that creates a super refreshing session beer. I had a chance to talk to Ryan, one of the owners, for a minute and learned that they plan on having a double IPA and a chai tea brown ale on tap in the near future.

For food, we ordered a plate of bison sliders and a side of fries. While I'm certainly no foodie, I thought the sliders were very good and I will likely get them again in the future.

The space is very well used and has a classy feel to it. While it is a small space, it didn't feel small and while we were there they opened up the rolling door at the front of the brewery which created an even better sense of openness. I also understand that their will be a large outdoor beer garden soon that will open up even more room. The staff was also very friendly and welcoming. We sat at the bar and our bartender was attentive and engaging but not overbearing.

All in all, we had a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone!

Here's some links to their menus:

Drinks
Food


No comments: