Benson Brewery just announced their first homebrew competition. Check out the details below and check out their facebook event page.
This year is the 1st Annual Home Brew contest sponsored by Benson Brewery during Omaha Beer Week. This event will also be a meet and greet with Benson Brewery brewer Andy Elliott, along with great prize give a ways. The competition is open to everyone and all beer categories. This is a best of show competition but beer will be judged per BJCP guidelines.The competition will be judged by Paris Cunningham of the Barley’s Angles of Nebraska and Phil Doerr of Goldenrod Brewing Company.Entry labels can be found at this link: http://www.bjcp.org/docs/
• Judging of the beer categories will be conducted as per the BJCP guidelines
• Competition will be open to all BJCP Beer categories (no meads or ciders). 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be based on best of show NOT on BJCP category.
• All entries need to be dropped off by Friday February 14th
• Limited to 4 beers per person
• All brewer’s score sheets available for pickup at the festival
• Best of Show judging will be conducted at the festival by Beer Judge
• Each participant gets a Benson Brewery Pint Glass
• Great prizes awarded to winning beers (1st, 2nd & 3rd place)
• Best of show has their beer brewed on Benson Brewery’s 10bbl System and put on tap with their name on the draft list at the brewery.
• Best of show winner receives 1/6bbl keg of their beer.