Where: Stinson Park at Aksarben Village, 67th & Center, Omaha
Tickets: $35 in advance, $45 day-of-event (Weekend Pass option available / VIP tickets SOLD OUT)
From their press release----
Omaha Beer Fest returns for its fifth year on Friday & Saturday, June 5-6 at Aksarben Village's Stinson Park. Hundreds of unique craft beers, ciders, and meads will be available for tasting from 60+ American craft breweries including debuts from Oskar Blues, New Holland, Crazy Mountain, High Hops, & Renegade. Nineteen Nebraska breweries are included in this year's festivities, including Kinkaider Brewing (Broken Bow), Ploughshare Brewing (Lincoln), and Scriptown Brewing (Omaha).
Friday night, patrons can taste their way through dozens of experimental brews at the expanded Homebrewer Expo.
On Saturday, the highly anticipated "Battle of the Beards" returns, sponsored by Bearded Builders, where dozens of hairy contestants will show off their manlihood for cash and other cool prizes. Dudley's Pizza & Tavern is sponsoring Saturday's VIP Lounge.
Saturday also features free hourly "Beer Academy" sessions, special food/beer pairings and special beer tastings:
- 1:00pm---The Politics of Pairing Pig with Barley Pop: presented by Matt Stinchfield, Certified Cicerone & Jesse Anderson, Chef de Cuisine (a.k.a. The Princess of Pork) of Ploughshare Brewing Co.
- 2:00pm---Forget the Girl Scouts: Beer & Cookie Pairing: presented by Carrie Desler of Carried Away Confections & Infusion Brewing Co.
- 3:00pm---For the Love of Jerky, For the Love of Beer: presented by Logan Soraci of Duke's Smoked Meats & Zac Triemert of Brickway Brewery & Distillery
- 4:00pm---Serious Eats: Beer & Cupcakes Pairing: presented by Bill Jones of Jones Bros. Cupcakes & Paul Devries of Deschutes Brewery
- 5:00pm---Beer Mixology: Craft Cocktails That Use Beer: presented by Spirit World
The big stage will feature live music all weekend long including Adam Lee Band and Outlaw Road on Friday, and Luke Johnson, Peace, Love, Etc and Blue House on Saturday.
Tickets are available online and at the following locations: Spirit World in Omaha, Lucky Bucket Brewing Co in LaVista, Moonstruck Meadery in Bellevue, Ploughshare Brewing Co and Zipline Brewing Co in Lincoln.
Attendance at this event supports Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy.
For more details and tickets, check out their website or Facebook page