Colorado craft brewery brings flagship favorites and new releases
After 21 years of piecing together 6-car-garages in an industrial alley in Boulder, founder and CEO Adam Avery was more than ready to build his dream brewery. A year ago, Avery opened the doors of his new 67,000 sq. ft., $30 million brewery filled with the best brewing equipment available, including four new 850 hl fermentation tanks that nearly doubled the brewery's capacity.
Now, Avery is ready to send their beers back to Nebraska! Beginning on March 21st, fans will be able to find favorite flagships on draft and in bottle shops, including Avery IPA and White Rascal Belgian-Style White Ale, a medal winner at the 2015 Great American Beer Festival. They'll also see the familiar face of The Maharaja Imperial IPA, plus bombers of Avery's newly released Twenty Three Anniversary, a 100% Brettanomyces fermented dark farmhouse ale.
Avery's expanded capacity has allowed them to create many new beers, including Liliko'i Kepolo, a tart Belgian witbier with passion fruit, and Raja, a double IPA featuring hops with dank tropical notes. Both will be available in Nebraska on draft and in cans.
Avery is especially excited to sending along some of their biggest and rarest beers to the Cornhusker State. Uncle Jacob's Stout (17.1% ABV) which is aged in Bourbon barrels, exemplifies the brewery's prowess over brewing massive beers while using fresh spirits barrels as a flavor component unto themselves. Nebraskans will also find a sprinkling of Old Perseverance, the newest edition to the lineup in experimental one-offs in Avery's Barrel-Aged Series.
To celebrate their return, Avery is inviting fans to join them at a series of area events:
- 3/22: Inglenook Tap Takeover (Lincoln)
- 3/22: Crescent Moon Pint Night (Omaha)
- 3/23: Moran's Liquor Works Tap Takeover (Lincoln)
- 3/23: Longwell's Pint Night (Lincoln)
- 3/23: Lot 2 Beer Dinner (Omaha)
- 3/24: Cunningham's Lunch Tap Takeover (Omaha)
- 3/24: The Happy Raven Tap Party (Lincoln)
- 3/24: Blatt West Tap Takeover (Omaha)
- 3/24: Library Pub Tap Takeover (Omaha)
- 3/25: Yia Yia's Tap Takeover (Lincoln)
- 3/25: Jake's Sports Bar Tap Takeover (Blair)
Avery will be distributed throughout the state by Johnson Brothers of Nebraska.