Monday, September 8, 2008

New Smokestack beers

So it appears my friend over on KC Beer Blog scooped a couple new releases coming from Boulevard and their Smokestack Series of beers. A Saison-Brett ("George Brett") and a Bourbon Barrel Quad ("BBQ"). Besides great names they sound like interesting beers. If anyone can get there hands on them I expect a review. I am pretty sure I will miss out on these this time. Here is a snippet from beernews.

Some will recognize Saison-Brett as a beer that first surprised at the Belgium Comes to Cooperstown fest in 2006. It then appeared at both BCTC and the Great American Beer Festival in 2007. At the festivals, the Brett profile in the beer earned the name, “George Brett,” as a result of Boulevard’s location in Kansas City, which happens to be where the Hall of Fame infielder played his entire career.

Saison-Brett will be released to the tune of less than 12,000 bottles and BBQ even more limited at approximately 7000. Each bottle will be individually numbered. The beers will be released into the same distribution channel as the other Smokestack beers. According to John Bryan, Director of the Artisanal Division, that channel includes the following states: MO, KS, NE, IA, ND, SD, MN, WY, IL, AR, OK, TN, and TX. Perhaps most remarkable about this group of limited releases is that they are released in a number of states that have traditionally not been known for carrying a great selection of higher quality craft beers.

5 comments:

Richard Stueven said...

Beertopia had a sneak preview of these beers a few weeks ago. Damn tasty stuff! I'll be picking some up when they become generally available.

nickspies said...

Sounds good. I missed the Beertopia tasting and now I'm kicking myself for it.

Nate B. said...

Alright fellas, help a brother out and let me know about this stuff. LOL!

beertopia_brent said...

Once I get an exact date, I'll post when these beers are coming to Omaha. Both are very, very tasty beers.

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the Double IPA beautifully named the Double-Wide IPA.